Your Sand Ceremony with PJ Wedding sand ceremony are meaningful and trendy and should match your wedding style. It's tradition in lieu of unity candles, play with sand not fire! Your sand ceremony requires colored sand, the perfect vase or container and possible talismen. The sands of time: it's a song, it's a book, it's in the movies. It's part of cultures, it's different colors and different textures. Make your sand special and unique, it can be natural, the composition can vary on the locale, local rock sources and conditions. It can be non-tropical like silica - a minerals associated with health benefits, found in nature as sand or quartz. In our bodies, it's a chemical compound that holds us together. Another common sand is calcium carbonate (i.e. aragonite) created over the past half billion years with forms of life, like coral and shellfish. We think of it as "you're adding your story to history!" It's a primary form of sand where reefs dominate ecosystems like the Caribbean and Mexico. Here We Go: Select, compare and choose your themed container, also choose a permanent vase or container for your keepsake unity sand creation. Here is your step-by-step how to:
1. Choose your theme objects/containers. One for each of you and a final keepsake vase-type container. Consider having the final container engraved with your names, date, possibly destination. When choosing your theme containers, you may want more than three if you are joining children in your ceremony.
2. Select your sand with thought. It may be based on a different color for each person, your wedding colors, your favorite colors, consider the meaning of colors. There are also ready-made sand kits!
3. With your Sand Ceremony comes words and vows during this exchange. Give this time and thought, consider having someone record this with good sound and movie options.
4. Place your sand ceremony location near your vow exchange. I.E. within or to the side in your gazebo, your wedding beach huppa, set up; a small bistro table within reach and view of your guests. Have your smaller vases filled with your perfect pick of sand, some decor is acceptable but don't over-shadow the ceremony with other objects.
5. Set your timeline for when you wish to include your Sand Ceremony, add this to your program and have those joining in nearby and aware of their signal to approach the Sand Unity table.
6. Will you put some thought into your sand design or layers? We like adding one or two small objects (talisman) into the sand along the side visible OR NOT that have special meaning (seashell, birthstones, a pearl, feather, concert ticket where he may have proposed, a child's talisman.) Or let the sand fall where it may! You may choose to have someone, or Officiate recite your sand ceremony vows as you create your keepsake. We suggest a special video with good sound to record this for future pause. Add that special song!
7. How will you finish your Sand Ceremony? A brief hand-holding, a kiss to your child? Be sure your children are included. Seal the vase tightly to avoid sand movement. You've got to transport this home. (one choice: seal your keepsake by pouring some melted candle wax over the top, your choice of color or white)
8. We insist the Sand Unity Ceremony can be for other events, not just weddings! A special honeymoon act of love. Combine sand you choose and pick natural elements at your honeymoon destination to complete your keepsake. The wedding fairy created A Unity Venue which brought four daughters and their parents together over a week-end getaway. A special night was chosen, (a surprise) with four different colors of sand and seashells, the five of them created one larger sand vase for their mother, then created four individual smaller heart-shaped vases for each sister to take home and cherish. It's fun, it's memorable, who will you share your sand with? Consider a BFF Sand Ceremony! Planning to proposal? Have a Proposal Sand Ceremony will she add her sand OR NOT?
9. Have a Wedding Sand Ceremony with your guests! On your invites ask each guest who would like to participate to bring a certain amount of sand. Have a vase or special small container set aside your wedding registry and ask them to make a wish for you as they add their sand!
The wedding fairy's concierge in destination wedding planning and honeymoons planning welcomes all couples, your ceremony is special, your wedding travel planner should be too! Call the wedding fairy, is your day available? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your interests. (Posted Feb 17, 2015/wildsidedestinations)